Frequently Asked Questions

Please see a list of frequently asked questions below.

Have a question that is not listed? Please call us on 1800 386 222 or visit our contact us page.

What do I need to do to be enrolled?

If you qualify to study the course and have filled out an application form there are 3 simple steps.

Step One: A course advisor will call to chat about your course and set up a time for you to come in and get started.

Step Two: You will attend an information session and complete a Student Enrolment Agreement and Pre-Enrolment Profile.

Step Three: You will complete a Kick Start Workshop, to get started in the course. If all your documentation is in order you will then be enrolled and ready to start studying!

How do I find my Tax File Number?

You can find your Tax File Number in a few different ways:

  • on your income tax notice assessment
  • on any correspondence with the Australian Tax Office
  • on a payment slip from your employer
  • or you can call the ATO on 13 28 61 between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday
How long will I be required to study?

You will be required to study for a minimum period per week, to be able to meet the completion timeframes. This can be a combination of studying at the college and studying on our student learning portal.

Are the courses Austudy/Abstudy approved by Centrelink?

Yes, the courses are approved by Centrelink for Austudy and Abstudy. Please check with your Centrelink officer for further information and requirements.

Are the courses Nationally Recognised Training?

Yes, the courses are Nationally Recognised Training and will be recognised all across Australia.

When can I start my course?

Evocca College has rolling start dates, which means that after you have successfully completed the enrolment process you can start straight away!

How long will my course go for?

Each course has a different duration with most being between 8 - 12 months. To find out how long a specific course is, visit our pathways page or use our important date and information calculator.

Who do I talk to about enrolling?

If you would like to enrol you can fill out our application form here or give us a call on 1800 386 222 and ask to speak to a course advisor.

What are the pre-requisites needed for the courses?

All our courses require students to be 17 years or older and have adequate Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills to complete the course. Each course may have individual pre-requisites, to review these please see our courses page.

Where are the learning hubs located?

Our learning hubs are located right across Australia. To find your closest learning hub, please click here.

When do I need to fill out a course application form?

You must fill out a course application form prior to you starting your course.

Articulation agreements

Articulation agreements are just one of the pathways that we have created for you, to make furthering your education easier. Visit our University Pathways page for more information.

What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and why do I need it?

This Federal Government has developed a system called the USI (Unique Student Identifier), to help Australian students gain access to their results when they complete a nationally recognised course, or part thereof. The USI is generated online, does not cost anything and will be recorded whenever you enrol in a nationally recognised VET course.

To create your USI click here.

You will need to supply your personal USI at the time of enrolment and give this number to your trainer or to someone in a Evocca College office. Please note that if you do not have a USI, we will not be able issue you a qualification.

What is VET Student Loans?

VET Student Loans is a loan given to eligible fee paying students to help pay for all or part of their course. The Commonwealth Government will pay for the amount of the loan, and pays insert brand directly. Students will repay the loan amount through tax once their income is over the minimum threshold for repayments.

Who is eligible for VET Student Loans?

For eligibility criteria click here.

What is the VET Student Loans limit?

For VET Student Loan information click here.

When do I begin paying back the loan amount?

For VET Student Loan information click here.

Do I need to provide my Tax File Number to apply for a VET Student Loan?

You are required to provide your Tax File Number on your application.

I do not have a Tax File Number; will this affect my eligibility?

You are required to have a Tax File Number to apply for VET Student Loans. Tax File Number applications are usually processed within 21 days. The ATO can issue you with a “Certificate of Application for a TFN” providing that you have already applied for a Tax File Number. This certificate is valid for 21 days from the issue date.

When do I need to fill out a course application form?

You must fill out a course application form prior to you starting your course.

What is the loan limit?

For VET Student Loan information click here.

When do I start repaying my VET Student Loans debt?

For VET Student Loan information click here.

What are the fees and charges?

For VET Student Loan information click here.

What are the repayments?

The amount you repay each year is calculated as a percentage of your world-wide income. The repayment percentage increases as your income increases, so the more you earn, the higher your repayment will be, but it is capped at 8 per cent of your income.

The ATO will calculate your compulsory repayment for the year and include it on your income tax notice of assessment.

For the most up to date repayment rates, please refer to the VET Student Loans Handbook.

Helpful links & documents

The VET Student Loans Information booklet is designed to assist students to understand VET Student Loans, and their rights and responsibilities when accessing VET Student Loans assistance. You can access the booklet from Study Assist here.

Study Assist:
Visit the Student Assist Website

Department of Education and Training:
VSL Information for Students
VET Student Loans Handbook 2017